Kalam lays stress on ‘creative teaching’
Former President feels the present education system needs to be changed
Did you know that it was while studying in fifth standard that former President A.P.J. Kalam thought of becoming a scientist and make things that could fly?
“Our science teacher Mr. Siva Subramaniam Iyer was teaching us how a bird would fly. He taught us very creatively and it was the way in which he explained things to us that made me dream of becoming a scientist,” said Mr. Kalam while addressing the Hyderabad Sahodaya Schools Complex principals’ meet here on Friday.
This is what present generation teachers need to do. They should make children think creatively and conduct classes creatively. Teachers should instil confidence among students and all this should be done without causing any pain to students, he advised.
Delivering a lecture on ‘Empower students with knowledge, ethics and value system’, Mr. Kalam said the present education system needs to be changed. More professional aspects need to be taught to students from sixth to tenth standards. Teachers should make children aim at becoming employers rather being employees, he suggested amidst huge applause from the gathering.
Listing out the characteristics of a dynamic school, he said a school should radiate with the teachers’ capacity and ability to teach. Schools should focus on helping students who score low marks to bag top ranks, he explained.
He administered a pledge to all the teachers and later, he replied to queries raised by a few teachers.
On what should be given prime importance — whether the syllabus or creativity? Mr. Kalam replied saying that syllabus was equally important, but it is the creative teaching ability of the teacher that makes the subject more interesting and helps students to think creatively.
Swami Bodhamayananda from Vivekananda Institute of Human Excellence, RK Math and Hyderabad Sahodaya Schools Complex chairperson D. Usha Reddy also spoke on the occasion.
Lead India campaign
What would you like to be remembered for? This was the question put forward by former the President to the schoolchildren. He was addressing them during the launch of the State-wide Lead India 2020 training programme at GMC Balayogi Stadium, Gachibowli.
Dr. Kalam advised the children to write their response for this question and mail them to email@example.com.
Assuring them that he will respond to their mails personally, he said that these responses could be one of the most important documents in the human history.
Lauding the Lead India programme, Dr. Kalam said it will develop the moral leadership qualities among the youth by creating a right disposition towards doing right things.
“It is not enough to be a good student, every child should strive to become a good citizen and become partners in the development of the national,” he said.
Civil Supplies minister D. Sridhar Babu said that by the year 2020 youth will be about 70 per cent of the total population and programmes like this will imbibe moral values in them. Lead India 2020 Training campaign aims to train about one crore students in the State in personality development.
Through “THE HINDU”
Technology & Science
Danger during thunderstorms Lightning claims quite a few lives and injures many
Ranchi, 23 June 2012 :: A Seminar was organised in Indian Institute of Manageme
Ranchi, 17 March 2012 :: Xavier Institute of Social Services, Ranchi organised 2
Former President feels the present education system needs to be changed Did you
The next generation Apple smartphone, the iPhone 4S has arrived in India at the
NEW DELHI : Rumours were already floating about the launch of iPhone 4S in Novem
The Antarctic ozone hole, which yawns wide every Southern Hemisphere spring, rea
LONDON : A new scientific survey has suggested an athlete's ability to push hims
London, Sept 24 (ANI): A quirk in Facebook's latest redesign has now made it eas
NEW DELHI : Toyota, the world's top carmaker, launched the diesel versions of it
NASA has released a new 3D free interactive web based application enabling viewe
Loop Mobile, one of the oldest mobile operators in India, has launched the Mobil
PUNE, India -- BMW AG's India unit Thursday said it has raised capacity at its f
You have to hand it to telemarketers, they always manage to find the most inconv
During October , last year, software giant, Microsoft had sought legal action ag
NEW DELHI: Research In Motion, the maker of BlackBerry, today launched its new s
NEW DELHI: Apple seems to be going all out against its rivals in the tablet spac
KOREAN PHONE MAKER Samsung has confirmed that its will market its Galaxy R smart
Gold Medal Award
धरना और उपवास
Ranchi Obstetric & Gynaecological Society (ROGS) Conducted a CME cum Seminar on Infertility- Best Results in PCOS and IUI
Ranchi, 22 July 2012 :: Ranchi Obstetric & Gynaecological Society (ROGS) Conducted a C.
- Blood Donation awareness Rally by Marwari Yuwa Manchi.
- Rural Health Camp by Ranchi Obstetric & Gynaecological Society (ROGS) in Tunju village.
- Launching of Super Specialised Orthopedic Services in Hill View Hospital & Reserch Centre
- Launching of Specialised Orthopedic Services in Hill View Hospital & Research Center on 9th of June 2012.
- Free dental checkup and Medicine distribution camp.
- Inaguration of Sri. Tirupati Dental Clinic & Implant Centre
- Dr. Hahnemann Jayanti
Happy Birthday :: Kishore Kumar [ 04 August ]
04 August 2012 :: Kishore Kumar was born on 4th of August 1929. His original name was A.
- Friday Box Office : Jism 2 [ 03 August 12 ]
- Team of Satyamev Jayate
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah is the favorite SAB TV program says Jharkhandmirror.com online poll
- Froday Box Office : Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum & Aalaap [ 27 July 12 ]
- Happy Birthday : Manoj Kumar [ 24 July ]
- Superstar Rajesh Khanna passes away
- Happy Birthday : Katrina Kaif [ 16 July ]
Presidents of India
July 22, 2012 :: In India, President is head & first citizen of India. India's preside.
- Pranab Mukherjee will be 13th President of India
- Happy Birthday : Rahul Gandhi [ 19 June ]
- Rajnath singh met CM Arjun Munda
- महानगर कांग्रेस की बैठक
- झारखण्ड विकास मोर्चा की राष्ट्रीय कार्य समिति की बैठक
- Hemant Soren & Sanjeev Kumar met Sudesh Mahto.
- Pradeep Kumar Balmuchu, candidate of Congress filled Nomination for Rajya Sabha Member
Happy Birthday : Azim Premji [ 24 July ]
24 July 2012 :: Azim Hashim Premji was born on 24th July 1945. He is an Indian business .
Do’s and Don’ts of Thundering
Danger during thunderstorms Lightning claims quite a few lives and injures many every year.
- Seminar on Conflict Management, a case study on movie Chak De India by IIM, Ranchi
- 2nd JRD Tata Memorial Lecture on Agriculture, Food Security, & a Happy India
- Kalam lays stress on ‘creative teaching’
- iPhone 4S Laounched in India
- iPhone 4S to launch : Nov 25
- Current Antarctic ozone hole 9th largest on record
- In final lap, athlete’s brain tricks body
Photo of The Day
November 13, 2011 10:06 am
September 11, 2011 7:06 am
August 28, 2011 1:07 pm