High sex hormone ups breast cancer risk
While current breast cancer therapies target both of those processes – inhibition of aromatase and inactivation of the estrogen receptor – the researchers say this study suggests that aromatase inhibitors may prove to be a more potent choice for cancer prevention in postmenopausal women.
“We know that estrogen is the fuel that most breast tumors use to grow, and this study shows us that making more estrogen in the breast, right next to cells that can use the hormone as fuel, appears to be a key trigger of early breast cancer,” says the study’s senior investigator, Priscilla Furth, M.D., professor of oncology and medicine at Georgetown Lombardi.
A lab study conducted by researchers at Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center found that overproduction of aromatase, which converts testosterone into estrogen, in breast tissue is even more important in pushing breast cancer development than excess production of the estrogen receptor that the hormone uses to activate mammary cells.
What these results suggest for women is that if females vary in the amount of aromatase they naturally produce, as some studies suggest, then women with higher aromatase levels may be more susceptible to breast cancer, Furth says.
The study was recently published in the journal Cancer Research.
Ranchi, 22 July 2012 :: Ranchi Obstetric & Gynaecological Society (ROGS) Con
Ranchi, 30 June 2012 :: A Blood awarewness rally was organised by Marwari Yuwa M
Ranchi, 30 June 2012 :: Ranchi Obstetric & Gynaecological Society (ROGS) wil
Ranchi, 09 June 2012 :: Launching of Super Specialised Orthopedic Services was h
Ranchi, 08 June 2012 :: Hill View Hospital & Research Center is launching su
Ranchi, 20 May 2012 :: Free dental checkup and medicine distribution camp was or
Ranchi, 25 April 2012 :: Inaguration of Sri. Tirupati Dental Clinic & Implan
Ranchi, 10 April 2012 :: Dr. Hahnemann Jayanti was celebrated in Digamber Jain H
Ranchi, 28 March 2012 :: A Health was organised bu C.C.L in Chirundi.
Ranchi, 19 March 2012 :: Medical Camp was organised by Agarwal Sabha in L
रांची, 17 मार्च 2012 ::आलम अस्पताल में निशुल्क चिकित्सा शिविर के अंतर्गत आज ५२ ल
Ranchi, 17 March 2012 :: Mega Hitech Catract & Glaucoma Surgery Eye Camp - 2
MUMBAI : Advanced Micronic Devices Ltd launched a mobile application which offer
Stamping out a disease from the face of the earth may not sound as spectacular a
New Delhi, Nov 12 : Cricket, considered as a religion in India, people go crazy
Tests on 148 patients, reported in the Lancet Oncology, showed that adding the v
Lucknow, Oct 9 (IBNS) : Situation in Uttar Pradesh is getting worse as nearly 50
A new report published in the Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine
London, Sept 10 (ANI): A study has revealed that those born with a “happy gene”
Every Tuesday the DuPage ADHD Adult Support Group meets at DePaul University- Na
Yet another study in the U.S. — on smoking signs this time around — debunks our
(Reuters) - Cheap generic drugs to cut heart risk are substantially underused wo
Giving vitamin A supplements to children under the age of five in developing cou
In a recent study, it has been revealed that cancer cells are part of a "decentr
Newborn babies tend to have more fat in their bodies, including in their liver,
Women, who naturally produce higher levels of a protein called aromatase in thei
Researchers have found a potential new treatment for thousands of asthma patient
Considering that obesity and diabetes often go hand in hand, a suitable source t
Law school isn't supposed to be easy. Brittani Harris, however, was faced with a
Gold Medal Award
धरना और उपवास
Ranchi Obstetric & Gynaecological Society (ROGS) Conducted a CME cum Seminar on Infertility- Best Results in PCOS and IUI
Ranchi, 22 July 2012 :: Ranchi Obstetric & Gynaecological Society (ROGS) Conducted a C.
- Blood Donation awareness Rally by Marwari Yuwa Manchi.
- Rural Health Camp by Ranchi Obstetric & Gynaecological Society (ROGS) in Tunju village.
- Launching of Super Specialised Orthopedic Services in Hill View Hospital & Reserch Centre
- Launching of Specialised Orthopedic Services in Hill View Hospital & Research Center on 9th of June 2012.
- Free dental checkup and Medicine distribution camp.
- Inaguration of Sri. Tirupati Dental Clinic & Implant Centre
- Dr. Hahnemann Jayanti
Happy Birthday :: Kishore Kumar [ 04 August ]
04 August 2012 :: Kishore Kumar was born on 4th of August 1929. His original name was A.
- Friday Box Office : Jism 2 [ 03 August 12 ]
- Team of Satyamev Jayate
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah is the favorite SAB TV program says Jharkhandmirror.com online poll
- Froday Box Office : Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum & Aalaap [ 27 July 12 ]
- Happy Birthday : Manoj Kumar [ 24 July ]
- Superstar Rajesh Khanna passes away
- Happy Birthday : Katrina Kaif [ 16 July ]
Presidents of India
July 22, 2012 :: In India, President is head & first citizen of India. India's preside.
- Pranab Mukherjee will be 13th President of India
- Happy Birthday : Rahul Gandhi [ 19 June ]
- Rajnath singh met CM Arjun Munda
- महानगर कांग्रेस की बैठक
- झारखण्ड विकास मोर्चा की राष्ट्रीय कार्य समिति की बैठक
- Hemant Soren & Sanjeev Kumar met Sudesh Mahto.
- Pradeep Kumar Balmuchu, candidate of Congress filled Nomination for Rajya Sabha Member
Happy Birthday : Azim Premji [ 24 July ]
24 July 2012 :: Azim Hashim Premji was born on 24th July 1945. He is an Indian business .
Do’s and Don’ts of Thundering
Danger during thunderstorms Lightning claims quite a few lives and injures many every year.
- Seminar on Conflict Management, a case study on movie Chak De India by IIM, Ranchi
- 2nd JRD Tata Memorial Lecture on Agriculture, Food Security, & a Happy India
- Kalam lays stress on ‘creative teaching’
- iPhone 4S Laounched in India
- iPhone 4S to launch : Nov 25
- Current Antarctic ozone hole 9th largest on record
- In final lap, athlete’s brain tricks body
Photo of The Day
November 13, 2011 10:06 am
September 11, 2011 7:06 am
August 28, 2011 1:07 pm